?

Log in

Ok2bGay

> recent entries
> calendar
> friends
> profile
> previous 20 entries

Thursday, August 25th, 2005
10:33 am
dear cora,
I forgive you for spending all your worldly possessions on a night out on the town.
You are a complete tool.

Your punishment?..The worse hangover of your life and you are only allowed to eat frozen fish sticks
and tamales for the next two days.
love,
your conscience

I really am ashamed to report how much I spent...what is considered a shameful amount?

current mood: working

(4 comments | comment on this)

Wednesday, August 10th, 2005
4:23 pm - for boredoms sake....
1. Reply with your name and I will write something random about you.
2. I will then tell you what song/movie reminds me of you.
3. I will pick a flavor of jello to wrestle with you in.
4. I will say something that only makes sense to you and me.
5. I will tell you my first memory of you.
6. I will tell you what animal you remind me of.
7. I'll then ask you something that I've always wondered about you.

If I do this for you, you must/should post this on your LJ.

(12 comments | comment on this)

Tuesday, August 2nd, 2005
11:01 am - out with the old and in with the "say what?!"
Kath Em and I discovered the new cool thing to do since abbrevs....you say some really disgusting offensive thing quickly followed by say what? And then present a quimsical look which requires the other person to say "what?" thereby annoucing that they are the formentioned disgusting offensive thing. It's even funnier when you say non- disgusting offensive things..like

seaglasscollectorsaywhat? :quimzical look::

what?!

you are totes a sea glass collector!

My sister has perfected the quimsical look..she sticks out her lower lip so gracefully....I try to mimic her but my bottom lip just ain't as big!

Anyways we were going at this for about 45 mins...and as I retell this now I still have a little smirk on my face....heh

(2 comments | comment on this)

Tuesday, July 26th, 2005
12:29 pm - this is ridic
LiveJournal Username
Age
Favorite ice cream
Favorite season
Thinks you're ass is tight:portablecow
Wants to lick hot chocolate off you're body:bluevelvetcrush
Wonders how good you are in bed:psychok8e
Wishes you would screw him/her on the spot:mollers223
Is romatically in love with you:avitab
Wishes you were gay so he/she could love you better:killingbarbie
Hopes you'll take him/her to great heights (wink wink nudge nudge):upsidown
Day dreams about having sex with you 24/7:eveandodd
This Fun Quiz created by Molly at BlogQuiz.Net

(comment on this)

Wednesday, July 13th, 2005
12:26 pm - give me some butta...
because I'm on a roll.....





Me: use a hoe
K: use a plow
K: It doesn’t have the same ring
K: Why ain’t you rowing?
Me: I’m too po’
Me: 600 dollars..what?!
Me: I got to pay the bills and support my babies mama.

(1 comment | comment on this)

11:22 am - the effing weather
People who greet each other by discussing the weather are lame, and i have to say that I'm one of them. I mean I really like all the people I work with, but constant small talk about the weather makes me want to throwup. And if it isn't the weather it's the a/c and how high it's on, and how annoying the director is for taking the office with 3 windows, and then insisting the a/c is down at 73 degrees...jesus..and I thought we were an environmental org. What's an appropriate answer to produce an interesting conversation from such boring small talk. Here are some of the answers I've come up with..

"Yah, the high to low pressure change is throwing off my menstrual cycle"

"look at my under breast sweat" ::raise arms:::

"Anorexics love air conditioning, apparently it helps you lose weight by requiring your body to spend so much energy warming you up. They also like celery."

"For me weather is a state of mind...I can make myself feel like it is any climate....ahh yess I'm picturing a crisp autumn afternoon now..."

"At least we don't have to evacuate our houses like those folks down south, oh well serves them right, they elected THAT president"

"I prefer non corporate(read:hippy) weather like Weather Underground, weather.com is a product of corporate greed. Their forecast is just another weapon in the aresenal of modern capitalism"


ahh..and now there are these pretty people here trying to sell my socially akward workplace some internet service. Fortunately my nerdy internet co-workers know a lot more than these comcast sales people.

wow..I'm glad I got that out.

(2 comments | comment on this)

Thursday, June 2nd, 2005
4:03 pm - callin' all boston friends
Stop being a stranger now!

I'm moving to boston, I have a place(a small one), and a job. I will be arriving this sunday, and will be able to move into my place the 11th. This is totes amaze!

Love,
Cora

(4 comments | comment on this)

Monday, February 21st, 2005
12:39 pm - MMM
I feel really good right now. I love how snow makes everything so still and quiet. Kind of like a strobe light where you can only catch a glimpse of something every other second. The things that are important are magnified, and the unnecessary details are muted. This is exactly what that filter function I was learning about last week does. Science is cool.

(1 comment | comment on this)

7:59 am - granola
Last night at our house meeting we were discussing the usual things; house cleanliness, loaning our kitchen to Food not Bombs, dumpster cheese...etc. When the topic of soy milk brand preferences was brought up, and the house decided to buy two different brands of soymilk, I questioned the houses food accomodation policy; because last semester I wanted crunchy peanut butter, rather/along with creamy peanut butter. We took a vote, and it turned out more than half the house wanted chunky peanut butter, to which our HR responded "I guess the house has gotten crunchier".

(3 comments | comment on this)

Sunday, February 20th, 2005
5:11 pm - an appreciation for abbreviations (an app 4 abbrevs)
My sister and I were chatting over IM most of thursday night discussing the use of abbreviations at Brown. She was making a list of words you can't abbrev (eg. country, dumplings, butter). Then she told me a story about one of her friends going on a field trip with her class outside of the city and how she declared rather loudly..."We are TOTES in the CUNT". Most funny stories exist under the "you had to be there" category, but I've been telling this one all weekend, and now most of my housemates are greeting me with "We are TOTES in the CUNT".

(1 comment | comment on this)

Tuesday, February 15th, 2005
8:57 am - and we're back
I've had crew practice the last two days, and I pretty much suck. I'm really paying for taking a few months off, but outside of practice I'm fucking jovial. I might just drive the cynics of hopkins nuts. What a perfect way to spend valentines, rekindling my relationship with my one love that has been there for me the last 5 years, CREW!

My last crewless weekend was spent doing the usual kosher K-sleep-tea routine, and also included a little stop at our local world war II club. I now have my 2005 membership card.

Saturday we went to a benefit for a women's shelter at this super political hippy crunchy house called the root(route) 9 collective. The highlight of that event, for me anyways, was when my house mate took a loaf of banana bread that I had baked (yah I BAKED!?!), and proceeded to chow down on it with all his vegan friends. I showed up and in my usual drunken bluntness, declared "that bread ain't vegan". OOPS! I couldn't even console them with the knowledge that I had used organic yogurt.


Sunday I took a quick trip to boston and watched my sister and coxed kath at Crash B's. I also got to see holly, and eat at my favorite seafood resturant, durbin park. While driving through boston I continued, as always, to reiterate that boston is "the shit"! Kathryn agreed, so I asked her to live with me this summer, and she was like HELL YAH! So now I don't have to go about this alone, and I'm sure to have the best fucking summer EVER!

I'm a little too high on life now, I'm going to go bore myself with some homework.

p.s. today is my 5th year gay anniversa-ray

(comment on this)

Tuesday, February 8th, 2005
10:10 am - internships
I'm currently looking for internships. As I've browsed through many different jobs, I'm wondering what I could put up with. I mean do you think I could make it in Baton Rouge, LA for 10 weeks? Part of me finds the south exciting, but another part of me thinks I might enter a dark hole of depression during my third week there. But it would mean 3k in my pocket and the entire month of august off to play in the ocean.

(2 comments | comment on this)

Wednesday, January 12th, 2005
11:04 pm - duude
I like never post, which is too bad for ya'll because I'm like waaay cool. Anyways I just was reading back and remembered I'm a male according to my CT driver's liscence....weird. In other news I'm working 9 hours a day at cflac, and reading books and watching movies, and editing html code and naming/renaming computers. It's just a grand old time, and 9 hours is beginning to feel shorter and shorter everyday.

(3 comments | comment on this)

Friday, January 7th, 2005
4:00 pm - stupid snow
My car got towed, but this was after I thought it was stolen. I called pub saf, the police, and every towing company in noho, and they could not locate my vehicle. So apparently they couldn't locate a silver saab, because it had been labeled as a white volvo, Now I guess it looks european, but shit the only thing white about my car was the snow covering it. Then the women had to crack some joke "well smith didn't waste a second towing cars huh..heheh" ...100 dollars later, I got my POS car back...thank jesus.

(2 comments | comment on this)

Monday, December 13th, 2004
10:34 am - I'm so smart
I'm so smart.

If you could only see the "queer reading" that I have done on pulp fiction, alright it's already pretty queer, but I can't believe the language I have mastered. WST is NEAT! This is almost fun to write...almost!

In other news my goals of the day are
a)submit wst intermediate draft
b) submit CLT intermediate draft
c) Circuits homework


and then I'm going to take a nap..for a day..and celebrate finals almost being done.

Does anyone else think take home tests are fun? I honestly do..no really I like math..and egr is all about that yo..

(1 comment | comment on this)

Saturday, November 27th, 2004
10:01 pm - TANKS GIVIN!
SOO full..so much food

my hair is streaked...one benjamin lata. The back was soo european dyke mullet that I had to have annie hack job it til it actually looked like a haircut I could go into public with.

the semester end draws near. Work will happen and will be finished. I can't wait to get back to the hop, and eat non-meat. I can't wait to play hockey again.


In other news, as always..

I'm male, so says my CT drivers liscence...I just realized....yah I've had it since uhh...JUNE! So I'm thinking of getting a new one, but I dont know whether I should
a)mention it, because they might ask me to "prove it"?!?
OR
B)hope they realize that I have tits and change it for me, but then maybe they wont change me and they will be afraid to ask because they will think that i am a male.. in drag...

oh shit..I really need some advice here kids. I am having a total gender crisis!

current mood: full

(3 comments | comment on this)

Friday, November 19th, 2004
8:56 pm
My journal is called Ok2Bgay because it is, in my book.

My subtitle is "Take a picture....it will last longer" because I like being sassy.


My friends page is called "Look at these hoes" because that what they are!.


My username is BlueVelvetCrush because those three words go quite nicely together.

My default userpic is eggplant because I'm a vegetable.


and this has to be the lamest post ever...damn..LAME...do your homework cora...lame!

(2 comments | comment on this)

Wednesday, November 17th, 2004
12:31 pm
the Good
The bolt on the bathroom stall says Hiny Hider
I figured out some thermo problems by myself
I wrote a program that interpolates
I started playing hockey again

The Bad
5 hours of sleep in the last 48 hours is not enough
My saaby Broke....tear
Actually she was only sort of broken, but this morning when I tried to drive her to the place she wouldn't start so I had to pay to have her towed .5 miles..sucks

The Ugly
Look in the mirror.

(2 comments | comment on this)

Monday, November 1st, 2004
12:16 pm - The words
they are a coming. Last night was the first time all semester I was able to construct some coherent thoughts on the first try. My writing has been word vomit this entire semester, and I have been afraid of writing 300-500 word response papers that in previous years I have been able to spit out in 30 minutes. I sat down to write a response to beloved last night, and it turned into a paper. I was actually interested in what I had to say. My crappy writing skills maybe be the reason I have neglected to write in here, because I just haven't been able to express anything witty or interesting. Maybe 2005 will be a return to my youthful days of journal writing. Just as soon as I get my writing mojo back I plan to take 4 engineering classes, I can't tell if this is crazy or smart.

(1 comment | comment on this)

Wednesday, October 27th, 2004
2:57 pm - Back on track
I talked with my advisor and my thermo professor and I realized that failing midterms is actually not the end of the world, and that is still possible to get a decent grade...so well...that drama is over.

My birthday was amazing. My birthday party consisted of H and I getting madd drunk and hitting on queers at some homo club in boston. Upon are arrival, we were reminded by the bouncer that it was "gay night", we said are pleases and thank yous and slid right in. The moral of the story is..whoever said picking up hotties in the bathroom was tacky is really wrong...it was so strange to be the only ladies there. I spent SOO much money...but that's okay..it was my fucking birthday.


I was just deleting all my old e-mails and i found an e-mail from the people at tazo tea who make this one kind of tea called passion that I really like, so I was inquiring where i could purchase some in new haven besides starbucks..ick. Here was there response.

Cora:

Thank you for taking the time to write. Your search for enlightenment
into the world of Tazo is to be admired. With this first step on your
path, I hope that you find the answers you seek. (Tea-related answers,
naturally.)

Generally speaking, you can find an assortment of Tazo products sold by
the box for home use in any Starbucks across North America as well as in
many natural and specialty food stores. In New Haven you can find Tazo
at the Edge of the Woods grocery on 379 Whalley Ave. Shaw's
supermarkets also carry a selection of our teas.

If you are still unable to find what you are looking for, here are some
websites that feature Tazo:

www.coffeeam.com
www.cooking.com
www.cooksnook.com
www.oregongourmet.com

You can also call Cook's Nook at 1-888-557-8761 or Coffee AM at
1-800-803-7774.

Kind regards.

Jen
Shaman's Apprentice



For a while I thought this was some sort of computer generated thing, I think the first part must be, but damn, I haven't gotten an e-mail this good since. I can't believe she really cares about my "search for enlightment". Maybe I need to get in touch with this girl Jen again, but I can't think of another tea related question.

(1 comment | comment on this)

> previous 20 entries
> top of page
LiveJournal.com